Holiday – Araku Valley
Araku Valley is a beautiful hill station located in the Eastern Ghats of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is known for its stunning landscapes, lush greenery, coffee plantations, and indigenous tribal culture. The valley is not far from Vishakapatnam. The city is just 100 km from Valley. From Delhi to Vishakapatnam direct flight is available which cost slightly more then five thausand. Vishakapatnam is connected to almost all big cityies by flight of by train. From vishakapatnam multiple options like train, taxi, self drive car or bike etc are available. Here are some tourist attractions and places to visit in Araku Valley :
1. Borra Caves : Borra Caves are famous for their unique stalactite and stalagmite formations. The caves are well-lit, and a visit here provides an interesting geological experience.
2. Katiki Waterfalls : Katiki Waterfalls, surrounded by lush greenery, is a picturesque waterfall located near Borra Caves. The journey to the falls involves a trek through the scenic landscape.
3. Ananthagiri Hills : Ananthagiri Hills, situated at a distance from Araku Valley, offer a tranquil environment and are known for their coffee plantations. The area is great for nature walks and trekking.
4. Padmapuram Gardens : Padmapuram Gardens is a beautifully landscaped garden with a variety of plants, topiaries, and tree houses. The garden also features a toy train ride that takes you through the scenic surroundings.
5. Araku Tribal Museum : The Araku Tribal Museum provides insights into the rich cultural heritage of the tribal communities in the region. It showcases traditional artifacts, tools, and clothing.
6. Dumbriguda Chaparai Waterfalls : Dumbriguda Chaparai Waterfalls is another natural attraction near Araku Valley. The waterfall is surrounded by dense forests and offers a serene environment.
7. Tribal Dance Performances : To experience the local culture, attend tribal dance performances. The indigenous tribes in the region have vibrant dance forms that are often showcased for tourists.
8. Coffee Plantations : Araku Valley is known for its coffee plantations. Take a guided tour of a coffee estate to learn about the coffee-making process and sample some locally grown coffee.
9. Matsyagundam : Matsyagundam is a pond known for its crystal-clear water and is surrounded by hills. It’s a serene spot where visitors can relax and enjoy nature.
10. Chaparai Water Cascade : Chaparai Water Cascade is a small waterfall in a picturesque setting. It’s a good place for a day picnic or a nature walk.
Araku Valley is known for its pleasant climate and is a popular destination for nature lovers and those seeking a peaceful retreat. The journey to Araku Valley itself is scenic, with the train ride from Vishakhapatnam to Araku offering breathtaking views of the Eastern Ghats.